Same mistake as usual, sending my replies privately. I will never
learn, I'm quite sure of that now…

Anyway, here it is again, to the list this time:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
Date: 2013/3/9
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Currency conversion/display in calc
To: Steve Edmonds <steve.edmo...@ptglobal.com>

2013/3/9 Steve Edmonds <steve.edmo...@ptglobal.com>:
> Hi.
> If I type or paste $2,441.99 into a cell in calc (3.6) it is left aligned.
> If I right click format cell it states number-general.
> If I divide it by 2 I get #value!
>
> How do I get LO to recognise this as a number. I found a long winded way,
> format it as currency and remove the ' that LO puts in front.
> Steve

I think a macro could do that for you and I was even thinking of
writing one, but if it should be useful no matter what locale settings
you have, the macro needs to know things like decimal- and thousands
separator (for example in my country we use space for thousands
separator and comma for decimal separator, which is quite different
from yours). I am sure it's possible but still searching…

Johnny Rosenberg