Good afternoon

I am sure there is a simple trick to it, but I nevertheless cannot
figure it out.
The official documentation does not seem to mention it.

I am writing a sort of "book" with a number of pictures in it. Some have
captions, others are just for decorations.
Since this is not something like a science book, I do not really have
"chapters", but there are sections with
headings, to which I applied a certain style.

I would like to have the captions numbered continuously from 1 to xx.
Yet, after each heading LO starts with 1 all over again, which makes it
very difficult to say:
"look at picture No. 7".

Is there a way of telling LO to number these captions continuously?

Thank you.
Thomas