On 05/27/2013 07:27 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
Hi All

I'm now using the MySQL back-end (5.1.55) with LO Base (3.6.5.2) as my front-end - all on PCLOS 2013.

I've been "messing" around since late last year getting this all right, (with lots of GREAT help from the Forum!!)

My question now is - Where does MySQL store the Database and how do I track it down to make a backup?? Because of all my "messing" around I have several different files in the system that may be the right one but I'm not sure which is which.

I lost my whole Database at the beginning of the year when I re-installed my OpSys so DON'T want that to happen again and need a reliable backup method.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks a lot

IanW
Pretoria RSA
If I remember correctly, you have installed MyAdmin on your computer to perform administrative tasks for MySQL. Use it to create a backup file. (Backing up data is one of the administrative tasks.)

--Dan