Hi :)
Brian's answers are usually right.  It seems a few people missed it though.

<quote>
LibreOffice now calls these "comments".  Try View | Comments.
</quote>

and then

<quote>

Now you need to tick Tools | Options... | LibreOffice
Writer | View | Display | Comments.  Then the menu item should become active.

Brian Barker
</quote>

On mailing lists people often post at the bottom of threads and sometimes
intersperse their replies to get them closer to the sub-questions they deal
with.  So, sometimes we have to scroll a bit [shrugs]