Hi :)
Ok, that makes sense.  The problem now is to make the upgrade smoother so it's
easier to upgrade within a branch, eg from
4.0.2 and onwards.

Preferably not completely automatic but easy enough so that users can click on
the upgrade button even if they don't have Super User / Admin level privileges.
 Like Firefox allows.

At the moment i think people still have to download and do a fresh install of
the newer release even if it is in the same branch.

I do get the impression that is what the devs are aiming for anyway.  The
little green arrow is fairly new.  At the moment it just lets you know there is
a new version to download but it looks like one day it will be possible to just
click on that and sit back to watch the magic.