From: Virgil Arrington [cuyfa...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:52 PM
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: [libreoffice-users] LO 4 install deletes 3.6

In an attempt to compare the latest LO and AOO offerings, today I installed
both LO 4.0.4 and AOO 4.0 on my Win7 machine.

Until now, I have been happily using LO 3.6.6.2, having previously tried an
earlier release in the LO 4 series.

When I previously installed LO 4, I noticed that it seemed to uninstall my
previous version of LO 3.6. After encountering some problems with LO 4, I
uninstalled it and reinstalled LO 3.6.

On the prior occasion, I just assumed that, when installing LO 4, I had
inadvertently clicked some option to uninstall the old 3.6. So, today, when I
installed LO 4, I was very careful to make sure that I did not check any box
indicating my desire to uninstall LO 3.6.6.2.

Nevertheless, LO 4 installed and, once again, my installation of LO 3.6.6.2
disappeared.

Does anyone know if this is intentional behavior? It has happened to me now
twice, and I’m 90% certain that it was not due to anything I did.

If it is intentional, I find it most offensive. I can’t believe the TDF
developers would be so presumptuous as to decide for me that I no longer want
LO 3.6 on my system. This is the type of “let us think for you” behavior I
would expect from MS, not from a FOSS project.

btw, AOO 4.0 installed quite nicely *next to* AOO 3.4.1, and I am able to run
both programs.

Sorry, TDF, but on this one I have to give AOO a +1.

Virgil