Hi David,

Am 08.08.2013 06:53, schrieb David Love:
> I have been asked to design and print numbered tickets for an event being
> organised by a Club to which my wife belongs.

How I'd do it (it's from memory, so bear with me for little glitches):

1. Set up a Calc spreadsheet and enter a header (e.g."number") and the
desired numbers (1 to 150 or even 001 to 150 by chosing a custom number
format with two preceeding zeroes) into a column

2. design a nice text page with all 4 tickets in it (you could also try
going with labels but for just 4 tickts per page I'd rather go with
copy&paste instead of fumbling with labels)

3. assign the spreadsheet from #1 as data source (for later use as
mailmerge, from memory: File > New > Database > connect to existing >
spreadsheet)

4. on your above designed ticket page, press F4 to open the spreadsheet
from above as data source

5. enter (simply drag&drop) column header field into the appropriate
place in stub and repeat this for the ticket

6. after every SECOND field enter "next record" switch (Insert > field >
others > database > next record) but NOT after the fourth ticket (as a
page break always triggers a next record switch)

7. Print as mailmerge (or form letter or whatever it's called) into 1
document

8. review the document and if necessary correct&repeat some of the above
steps

9. print the merged documents,

10. enter perforation (I use a sewing machine, works perfectly if you
use a thin needle and adjust the step width appropriately)

11. cut tickets apart :-)

Enjoy learning ;-)

Nino