Hi :)
Quite!

Some could view it as a marketing ploy to push people into using their format.
i can image the calls telling users they need to avoid 3rd party formats as
though 3rd party is somehow dodgy rather than just meaning that MS can't manage
to write code to support their own format let alone other organisations.

However, now they seem to have been pushed into properly supporting the right
format rather than just "paying lip service"