Well that tab stop bug must have happened in 4.0.3 or 4.0.4, since it
was not in 4.0.2 Debian based install[s].  Yes, it is best to upgrade to
the newest of the versions that is not marked as an "early adopter" version.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibOReleaseLifecycle.png

"They" changed the graphic, so it is easier to read.

3.6.7 is the "conservative" version
4.0.5 is the "recommended" version
and
4.1.0 is the "early adopter" version.