I didn't catch all of the recent posts about trouble downloading the LO installer (and the thread apparently got highjacked to another topic), but I posted something similar a month or so ago. I had repeatedly tried downloading the Windows installer and constantly got corrupted installer files. I am on high speed broadband and never had issues downloading other installers, including the OSX LO installer. I had also tried downloading the windows installer at a local charity at which I volunteer, which has very slow internet. That was spectacularly unsuccessful also.

I finally was able to download at home using a torrent file. It seems to me that there has to be something funky about the LO windows installers that make downloading so difficult. I imagine casual users of LO aren't going to try to download the darn file repeatedly in order to get a good download.