From: David Gast
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:37
To: Denis Navas Vega
Subject: RE: [libreoffice-users] Re: CALC convert text to numbers

It does not contradict my assertion.  I did not discuss multiplication.
The answer is that it depends on how you multiply.  You did not
state how you multiplied but I am sure you used the * operator.
Using the * operator, you will get 123.  If you use product(a1),
where a1 contains '123, you will get 0.

Operators and functions do not work the same.