At 12:33 24/01/2014 -0800, Dave Liesse wrote:
Two simple questions which should be available through Help, but I haven't been able to find anything.

1. Is there a way to format content within a formula? I need a cell that concatenates a properly-formatted date to some text, but I can't find any way to specify the date format.

2. In conjunction with #1, is there a function to return an entire date in external format rather than having to get the month, day, and year separately? All I've found is a way to convert a human date to an internal date.

The TEXT() function is your friend.

I build the cell formula as
=CONCATENATE("my text",$r$2)

... what I really want is MM/DD/YYYY.