On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 01:37:52PM +0000, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> Such attitude is dying out.
>
> Modern devices almost entirely force people into top-posting and
> almost all people new to mailing-lists will have no idea about the
> possibility of doing anything other than top-posting.  Some allow
> users to reconfigure their devices to bottom-post but it's beyond most
> users.

That doesn't mean they can't/shouldn't learn.

> Bottom posting requires a ton of extra work such as trimming and such
> which office workers really do not have time for.  it might have been
> a better system but we let MS dictate how we do emailing and now we
> have to live with that or accept increasing unpopularity.

I really hope you don't mean that trimming is a waste of time. Ever see
a reply to a digest message that quoted the whole digest. What fun.

> Hopefully this mailing list helps people learn that bottom posting is
> widely used in Open Source projects and helps them become more
> familiar with doing so.  Other successful gateway projects also use
> top-posting a lot, for example Firefox, Ubuntu and others.  Ones that
> remain unpopular or have a hard time attracting new people (such as
> Evolution) insist on bottom posting and sees almost all enquirers
> leave rather than become involved.  It is sad but we kinda have to
> live with the way things are rather than the way we might prefer them
> to be.

That outlook would mean that we (US) would still be under British rule.

Tell it to any country that has overthrown an autocratic ruler.

There is a special spot in hell for people who overquote *including
multiple sigs and footers*.

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped