I have a table of systolic bloop pressures: 4 rows (weeks) x 21 cols (days) eg:

week 1 130 133 140 ... (representing morning, noon, night of day 1 - followed by morning, noon and night of day 2..7)

I want to compute the average pressure for the week. In a perfect world I would just use the average function. However, in this world I find that each row has between 3 and 10 missing values. To get the average now I sum the row's values and then divide by the number of values in the row.

Can anyone suggest a way of getting the average without needing to manually count the values ?

Thanks,

-bill