(2014/03/05 12:23), Cley Faye wrote:

If anyone want to give it a try here's the jar. It's highly unlikely to
corrupt your source file (the source file is never ever written), but
there's also no guarantee that the output will work ;)
<http://cleyfaye.net/share/odtcompress.jar>
That looks very promising, but, please forgive the stupid question, how do you use it? I downloaded the thing (whatever a "jar" may be) and when I click on it, a window opens,
asking me about the desired image quality.
But I do not know, how to specify source and/or target files.
How do you do that?

​As said, it should not damage anything; the worst outcome​ possible is the
output file being incorrect, so as long as you don't choose to save over an
existing file, you should be safe to try. If there is a high demand I might
keep on improving the code... :-) maybe also expand it with more tools,
like basic recovery of damaged files, things like that.