Hi Italo

italovignoli wrote
> It is clearly stated in the relevant iTunes pages.
>
> Requirements: a qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to edit
> and create Word documents. If you do not have a subscription, you can
> buy Office 365 Home withing Word for Ipad app.

We seem to be talking about different products: Microsoft Office Mobile for
the iPhone and Android phones is free for personal use
http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37434-microsoft-office-for-iphone-and-android-now-completely-free/
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/office-mobile-for-office-365/id541164041
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.officehub

MSO Mobile for iPad is a free Viewer or paid if you want to edit or create
(as you mentioned)
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2113464/with-office-for-ipad-microsoft-makes-all-mobile-platforms-free-but-creation-will-cost-you.html
and probably it will be too for Android tablets (still hasn't been
announced)

Cheers,
Pedro