> Hi James,
>
> James E Lang schrieb:
>
>> 4.0.4.2 -> 4.1.5.3
>>
>> After performing a cleanup on the volume there is only 207MB
>> available on C: on a Windows XP system on which I'm working. After I
>> specified that LO be installed on volume D: the installer still
>> requires 427MB on C:. I hesitate to compress volume C:.
>>
>> Volume, Size, Available, Needed C:, 15GB, 207MB, 427MB D:, 107GB,
>> 61GB, 352MB F:, 16GB, 6694MB, 0KB
>>
>> Is there any way to avoid using C:?
>>
>> (Growl! Windows. Bah, humbug!)
>>

> Do you have used already methods to get more free place on drive C?
> Empty trash.
> Empty all temp or tmp folders.
> Empty the cache of your broswer and/or move the location for the cache of
you browser to drive D.

> You can try this:
> (1)
> Uninstall the old version before you install the new one. Then there
might be enough place on C, because the new version isn't significant
larger then the old one.

> (2)
> 1. Unpack to a folder on D. The installer has a button to choose the
destination.
> 2. Use the custom installation. There you can set the destination folder.
>
> If it still does not work, then the default temp folder can not grow
large enough. You can try to set a new location for the temp folder in the
Windows XP settings.

> (3)
> Or a different way. Do not install using the installer, but make an
administative installation. You will get a full usable LO, but no system
integration. Therefore double click a file to open it in LO will not work
out-of-the-box. You can put a link to soffice.exe on your desktop to get a
quick access, or you assign the file name extension to soffice.exe later on
explicitly by using "open with...".

Another copuple of things to increase available space on drive C are:

   - Change the virtual memory location, if it's still on drive C move to D
   - A more complex one is to increase size of partition C