MR ZenWiz <mrzen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The longest word in any English language is the name of a small town in
> Wales - Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch (see
> Wikipedia if you're curious about what and where this is).  I had
> thought it was 56 letters, but this one is 59.  Hmm.

Sorry, that's the second longest.  The longest is in the North Island of
New Zealand.

Taumata­whakatangihanga­koauau­o­tamatea­turi­pukakapiki­maunga­horo­nuku­pokai­whenua­kitanatahu
(85 letters) which means  "The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big
knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about,
played his nose flute to his loved one"

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_long_place_names

David

--
David Love
Dogs think they are human.  Cats believe they are God