pikov22 wrote
> Tom Davies has written on 6/17/2014 3:06 PM:
>> Hi :)
>> LO on a usb-stick using the Portable Apps version or one of their
>> competitors.  There is an excellent one that i keep forgetting the name
>> of
>> the one that seems to be far quicker at getting the more updated versions
>> of LO out there faster.
>
> Excellent one what? Version of LO? An LO competitor? Something else???

The "excellent one" is X-LibreOffice from WinPenPack. It is NOT a competitor
and it has been approved by TDF (although it is only announced on the
Italian LibreOffice page)
http://it.libreoffice.org/download/portatile/
"X-LibreOffice รจ realizzato per uso portatile da winPenPack.com con il
permesso e l'assistenza di The Document Foundation."
Translation: "X-LibreOffice is produced for portable use by winPenPack.com
with permission and assistance from The Document Foundation."

You can get the latest version from here
http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.1354
or older versions from Sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winpenpack/files/X-LibreOffice/releases/

For explanation why X-LibreOffice is (in my opinion and from others)
superior to the PortableApps version, see this topic
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Issues-downloading-LibreOffice-Portable-tp4085447p4088958.html

Regards,
Pedro