On 5-7-2014 00:08, Pikov Andropov wrote:
I have a list of names in column A.

I would like like to click something and produce a list of random pairs,
say in col B.

For example, suppose I have

Jack
Jill
Sam
Susan
Bill
Joe

I click and get

Jack, Jill
Joe, Susan
Sam, Bill

I don't save the result, and the next tie I run it, I get

Sam, Jack
Bill, Joe
Susan, Jill

Thanks.

Yes, this can be done in Calc

First,assign a unique number to the names, i did put those number in column B, so i get:
Names   Seqeuence
Jack    3
Jill    2
Sam     1
Susan   4
Bill    6
Joe     5

Then, i have this foruma in D2:
=INDIRECT("A"&TEXT(B2+1;"0"))
which i copy from B2 to B3..B7
i get:
Names   Seqeuence
Jack    3               Sam
Jill    2               Jill
Sam     1               Jack
Susan   4               Susan
Bill    6               Joe
Joe     5               Bill

Last bit:
In E5: =D2&","&D5
Copy this from D2 to D3..D4

Result:
Names   Seqeuence
Jack    3               Sam     Sam,Susan
Jill    2               Jill    Jill,Joe
Sam     1               Jack    Jack,Bill
Susan   4               Susan
Bill    6               Joe
Joe     5               Bill

Next time, the sequence is different, resulting in:
Names   Seqeuence
Jack    6               Joe     Joe,Jill
Jill    3               Sam     Sam,Bill
Sam     1               Jack    Jack,Susan
Susan   2               Jill
Bill    5               Bill
Joe     4               Susan