Hi all,

I am new to this list, and I subscribed to try to get some help previously asked on the opensuse forum, but could not get a good answer yet. I copy some of my letters sent to that list

In every month I get a kind of form, an Excel sheet which should be filled, then printed and undersigned in the last row . The original document is created in MS Office 2010 AFAIK, but is saved in *.xls, not xlsx format. When I open it in LibreOffice, it looks just fine, but when it comes to printing, the last row, the undersign, slips to a new page. I was advised to use Kingsoft Office. This originally Chinese package was praised to the heavens in terms of MS compatibility and usability, so I gave it a try. Hmmm. My sheet fell apart, and while it recognized that it was edited with Arial Narrow font, the typography was simply ugly. The letters was in different distances from each other. I read a lot, including forums, so I met Softmakers Freeoffice. I installed it. The outlook is a bit vintage, but that should not be a problem. Opened my document, looked fine, but just as for LO, the last row slipped to a new page ( the original document fits on a single A4 page).

Pdf export seems to work. But there is an interesting thing I noticed: Earlier we got that document for a whole year, and a month was represented by a tab. When I exported that Excel sheet opend by LO to Pdf, then the 1st, 3d, etc sheets were OK, that is, fit to a page, but the even ones had the last line on a new page. Interesting, isn't it?

So is there a workaround? I would cling to LO, if possible. What is the reason that it still cannot render a not too complicated MS document correctly.

I use LO with openSUSE 13.1 and KDE 4.13.3

Any hints and opinions are welcome.

Thanks and regards,

Albert