Hello,

Jim Byrnes schrieb am Sonntag, 10. August 2014 23:47:
> A couple of questions:
>
> (1) Has anyone here used it and does it make writing macros for Base
> easier?

I looked at the examples a few weeks ago, and it seemed to me as a
clearer approach to database programming as the UNO-way.

IMHO it is not only useful for migrations from Access, but for more
serious db-projects. I do not know anything about MS-Access-Programming,
I did some old-style DBase/FoxPro-Development some years ago and I
didn't  feel well with this UNO-thing up to now.
Obviosly it is a great API, but that huge that it becomes a labyrinth to
me.

After Access2Base was incorporated in LO from 4.2 on, it is a promise to
improve things and it might become real, if it would be featured as the
standard way of programming LO Base and if gets broader acceptance.

At this time I can't estimate, wether I can rely on this tool for long-
term projects.
And there is yet a lack of documentation, tutorials for end-users.

Fortunately there are more discussions about Base in general in the last
months here.
I wonder why this topic came up so "late"...

Regards
Stefan
--
system: opensuse 13.1