On 11/5/2014 6:25 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:

_Off topic_ For 99% of all *my* formatting and grouping the built-in styles are just fine. Whether I start with my own Writer template or compile something from scratch is not that important. In both cases I use styles that are already there and if I modify any styles this is a much easier process than doing all the formatting within the document. In rare cases the outcome is a new template for a new type of document with modified styles and few user-defined ones. But I am not particularly picky with all this.

About ten years ago, I developed a very fascinating, but unhealthy, obsession with typography, so I became *very* picky with all this. I therefore created my own styles. Over the years, however, I've found that other parts of Writer make use of the standard built-in styles. For example, the Table of Contents feature defaults to the standard Heading styles (although it can use any other style). The eLaix e-book extension does the same. So, there is definitely a benefit to staying with the default styles.

So, now, my plan is to go back to the default template along with its default styles and see how well I can live with them as they are, modifying them only as necessary. My guess is that there's a lot of good stuff already in the program.

Virgil