Hi :)
I think GMane is a way of viewing the posts to this mailing list as though
it was a traditional (fairly trad anyway) News Group.  Similar to the idea
of viewing the posts through Nabble to make it look like a forum.

Quite a clever system imo, keeps 2-3 quite divergent different ways of
handling these posts in 1 system so that whoever posts gets seen by people
using the other methods.