>        Just downloaded then attempted to play this -
>            then I opened it in LO to find that there is no sound attached.

​That was precisely my point - i e, that LO, for some strange reason, does
not seem to recognise the audio files found in the .pps file....

> ​T​
> herefore
> ​ [sic !]​
> here's another example of where MsFt is able to play a sound byte
> ​ which LO must consider as dangerous  ???

​Not certain that ​LO considers the audio files embedded in the this .pps
file as «dangerous» - one receives no notification to that effect - but it
can't play them....

> ​ ​
>
>   A possible solution:
> ​ play in MsFt PP then go 'behind the scenes' to collect the audio​
> sound byte
>   then piece the video with the audio together & save for you
> ​​r ​enjoyment.

​Just how do you suggest one can «go behind the scene»​ to nab these audio
files ? That's precisely the sort of instruction I'm looking for....

Henri