Hi :)
Ahh, mostly the Ubuntu's at work are 14.04.  So i might have a try at
a LiveUsb or multi-boot with an earlier version alongside the existing
set-ups or something.

Thanks Tim ! :)

Errr, i think the drivers and apps and such are still called CUPS but
i think the forums and websites retired didn't they?  Is there
somewhere such as LinuxPrinting.Org?  I might have to have more of a
look tomorrow or sometime.
Thanks so far and regards from
Tom :)