Hi :)
I almost always have at least 4 partitions;  1 for swap, 1 for /home
or just to put my data on and 2 to have different distros or different
versions of the same distro on.  On some machines i multi-boot between
half a dozen different versions of Ubuntu (but always intend to clean
it up down to just 2 or 3).