Am 17.03.2015 um 21:41 schrieb Andreas Säger:
Am 17.03.2015 um 13:36 schrieb hw:

Sorry, this is the wrong answer to the right post --- still a question,
though.

The answer to this post should have been that I would need the images to
appear in the spread sheet.

Pictures in Calc are no spreadsheet data. Pictures are decorative,
illustrating elements pinned to the cells or to the top-left corner of a
sheet. Writing a program to manipulate many calculator cells so they
wrap around picture objects is very difficult. Absolutely non-trivial.

Hence my idea to resize the pictures outside of LO to suitable dimensions and put links to the resized ones into the CSV (or a databse table) to have them displayed reasonably in the spreadsheet.

For a LibreOffice user there is only one built-in tool to do reporting
with pictures. It is the report tool.

Hm, I'm not too happy with that because the defaults aren't too useful, and when I wanted to make a report to display data from a table, the report didn't display any of the data but the default placeholders instead.

You are a Perl programmer. This kind of stuff has always be done with
html reports.

Then the data cannot be edited as easily as with a spreadsheet ... However, a web page just like a spreadsheet would be very useful. I will have to look for some tool that works for this; there's probably something I could use.