Andreas & Brian,

thanks, that works great!

Now I have another followup question:

I already had a formatting for 2 colums where I set the number of digits behind
the decimal based on the formula MOD(F2,0.01)=0.
This to make a Euro/dfl denomination look like 0.10 and 0.15, while the real
old values (e.g. 12.5 cents) display as 0.125

For those values which on have 2 digits after de decimal, the background color
doesn't display..
If I look at the conditions the first one is the one just added (Range
A2:AMJ3500; Formula ISNUMBER($H2). This is followed by a hugh list in the style
F4  — MOD(F4,0.01)=0
F20-F21 — MOD(F20,0.01)=0
Apparently the list breaks if rows are added... I changed the condition to
MOD($F2,0.01=0) for the range F2-F3500.

It seems that changing the number format conditionally overrides the set
background color.

Result:
If Fx has the value n.nnn it has de correct background but the numberformat
displayed is now n.nn
If Fx has the value n.nn the background is gone

Am I missing something here?
Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,
Rob.