Hi :)
The dynamic methods are more scalable (or just extend a little) and easier
to replicate.  Also the original question looked like it required a less
static approach.  With the static approach you need to remember to do 2
actions and try to remember what the reason/rule was for the different
back-grounds.  Each approach has pros/cons.

Anyway, congrats on solving the problem in the way that suits your own
use-case the best :))