Hi :)
If Win8 started up at the normal desktop (as it can be set to do now) and
then the Metro stuff is used just as the old;

"Start" button - "All Programs"

Then it's kinda ok - err after adding in new tiles for Kodi, LibreOffice,
Chrome/Firefox etc, removing quite a lot of the default useless ones and
moving around all the tiles into something that makes some kind of sense
and makes useful programs/documents/things easier to get to.  Then using
the "Windows key" brings up that programs menu.