Hi :)
If you look at the fonts in the menus in the two images;
http://i.imgur.com/wt0XFSf.png
http://i.imgur.com/NTJbkv6.png

Then you might notice that in one the fonts are nicely smoothed out and
regular width but in the other they are more like they are done with a
fountain pen (variable width) with a bit of shadowy ghost and blotchiness.
One would be very disappointing in a printed brochure.

I suspect that most people wont experience the problem in their version of
LibreOffice or that even if they do have the problem it's not a big issue
for them.  Mostly it seems that people have gotten so familiar with the
poor quality of printed documents created by Word that they don't even
notice a huge range of general nastiness, or are quite happy to "put up
with it" these days.