On 05/08/15 16:12, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

    On 05/08/15 11:33, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

        ... and we have a banner, please feel free to use it and share:
        https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/0/05/L05_webbanner.png
        (announcement: http://blog.documentfoundation.org)

        Cheers,

    Trying to install on Linux Mint 17.2 using the Deb download and I
    get this error when trying to open:

Trying to open what? LibreOffice after installation completed or what?

That's correct. Install goes OK, get the error on launching.

    LibreOffice 5.0 - Fatal Error
    The application cannot be started.
    User installation could not be completed.

Did this happen when installing or when trying to open the program?

Trying to open.

    How do I fix that?

First we need to know exactly what happened. Exactly what did you download, from exactly where? How did you install it (clicking something or using a terminal)? Some details about your computer would also be appropriate I think, for instance to figure out if you selected the right package for your machine.

I downloaded the 64 bit Deb package from libreoffice.org, extracted all files, right-clicked in the Debs folder and chose "open with Terminal". I then issued the command
sudo dpkg -i *.deb

My computer is an Acer Aspire E3 112 64 bit with 120GB SSD and 4GB RAM