Hello,

I'm trying to return a cell range for some cells selected in a Writer text
table. From what I've read in Andrew Pitonyak's documentation, the method
getRangeName() from a TextTableCursor seems to be the way to do it.

However oSels.supportsService("com.sun.star.text.TextTableCursor") returns
FALSE if the cells selected contain numbering or bullets. If I switch the
numbering off the same selected cells return TRUE & I can use
getRangeName().

Is this behaviour inconsistent (i.e a bug) or am I missing something?

I've repeated this in LO4.1, 4.4.5, 5.0, 5.0.1RC1 Linux x86_64

example document containing macro and steps to reproduce:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0q0sdy9kdtyncky/Selected.Table.Cells.odt

here is the pertinent code from the document above:

        Dim i As Integer : Dim sTextTableCursor$
        sTextTableCursor$ = "com.sun.star.text.TextTableCursor"
        oSels = ThisComponent.getCurrentController().getSelection()
        If Not oSels.supportsService(sTextTableCursor) Then
                Msgbox "Please make a selection of cells!", MB_OK + MB_ICONSTOP

        ElseIf oSels.supportsService(sTextTableCursor) Then
        REM At least one entire cell is selected
                If validSelection(oSels.getRangeName()) Then
                        tempStr = "Good, the selection is more than 1 cell!"
                Else
                        tempStr = "The selection needs to be more than 1 cell!"
                End If
                Msgbox "We've got a selection in a table!" & CHR$(10) & "The
selected
range is: " & oSels.getRangeName() & CHR$(10) & tempStr

        'xray oSels
        End If

Thanks. Selected.odt
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4157169/Selected.odt>

-----
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit : LibreOffice: 4.2.7.1, 4.3.2.2