On Sat, 2015-11-14 at 19:47 +0000, toki wrote:
> On 14/11/2015 17:43, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
>
> > > ^1: More than one researcher has argued that The Human Genome
> > > Project
> was a complete waste of money, time, and effort,
> > It would be interesting to have some references for this claim
>
> Which claim:
> * That researchers called the Human Genome Project a waste of money,
> time, etc;
> * That Excel destroys data by silent transformation;
> * Something else;

Sorry for my imprecision :-(. I meant references for the negative
impact of Excel on the Human Genom project. Just because Excel had been
used, it might have beenn likely to affect the project negatively, but
there should have been data quality checks in place as well, which
might have compensated them.

Cheers
Harvey