see comments below throughout -

From: Kolbjørn Stuestøl <kolbjo...@stuestoel.no>
Date: Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 7:19 AM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreLogo tutorial
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

Den 05.12.2015 01:58, anne-ology skreiv:

        This first section looks good as is;
>            but does have a few grammatical errors which I'll point out in [
> ]s.
>
>         In spite of what some computer users say or do, I'll continue to
> stick with proper grammar -

I agree. But I know too little about English grammar and typographic rules

       [that's what an editor does]

           after a period in a sentence there should be 2 spaces even though
> these machines default to only 1;

In HTML double or more spaces becomes a single space. See Mark's reply to
this list. It is a lot of work to add the code '&nbsp;' behind every period.

       [I know; don't worry about this; the reason for the double space was
to make it easier to read -
         as commas & periods could be confused so the extra space allowed
the eye to catch the end of the sentence easier;
             but these machines, I think, started deleting that extra space
in their beginning days of the 0s & 1s]

           and double quotes are for conversations - single quotes - or in
> your Norwegian << >> - would be used for empasis, et.al.

I'll try to remember this.

       [seems as if this is same as your native language]

>         And BTW - looks as if you've spent a lot of time creating a very
> good site & program,

Thank you.
Brian Barker (many thanks to him) has proofread the whole site and sent it
to me private.

   [I thought about doing so, then thought the list members might have
further thoughts  ;-) ]

I will use his suggestions together with yours.
It will take some time to code it as I prefer hand coding.

   [sounds good]

Perhaps because the settings of of my e-mail reader I did not see the film.
Was displayed as '[Image: display film]'.

Kolbjørn

> How to open LibreLogo in LibreOffice
>
> The great majority who use LibreOffice do not know there is a Logo variant
> in Writer.  There are no direct links to LibreLogo on the menus.  The only
> way, I think, is to open a new text document.  In the main menu at the top
> of the page, press the View → Toolbars → Logo.  This will open the
> LibreLogo toolbar.  This toolbar contains some buttons to control the
> turtle and a command line where you can enter commands. Press on one of the
> buttons to bring up the turtle.
>
>     ['great' is superfluous ...
>
>        'I think' is superfluous; you're the writer therefore this can
> either
> be left out or changed to possibly or probably ...
>
>           'turtle' ...
>
>              command line to enter commands.]
> [image: vise film]
> The Buttons on the Menubar
>
> Every time you press on buttons Backward and Forward the turtle will be
> moved 10 pixels backwards or forwards.  Buttons Right and Left will turn
> the turtle 15º clockwise or counter-clockwise.   Button Home moves the
> turtle to the starting point in the middle of the page with the head
> upwards.  Clear screen will remove all drawings from the page.  Start and
> Stop are used to start and stop the execution of the program.  The command
> line is used for entering commands, one line at a time.  The button to the
> right of the command line is used to configure all commands with large
> letters and to translate the program into other languages.  This is not
> used in this overview.
>
>     [Each time you press on any button - ...
>
>        will move ...
>
>           backward or forward ...]
>
> If the purpose is to learn programming, only the command line and buttons
> to clear the screen and put the turtle back is helpful. The others buttons
> is used to create shapes without programming.
>
>     [are helpful.  The other buttons are]

This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>