Adam Bujdoso wrote:
Dear Group,

I have a problem for which I am hoping to get some help from you.

I am trying to open an encrypted Calc ods file with some quite important
data in it, however, when I type in the password after being prompted to
do so, I get an error message "The file is corrupt and therefore cannot be
opened. LibreOffice can try to repair the file."

When I press 'Yes' to repair the file, nothing really happens, the file
still doesn't open, and next time I try to open the file, I get the same
error message.

Could you please help me fix this somehow? As mentioned this file contains
some important data.

It may seem like a silly question, but are you absolutely certain you're entering the correct password? I'm not sure whether LibreOffice can tell the difference between a corrupted file and one which has been decrypted with the wrong password.

If you're typing the password, make sure you haven't got caps lock on (and if using a laptop keyboard, make sure num lock isn't on either), and that you're definitely typing it correctly. Also check that the keyboard is configured correctly for any punctuation characters, e.g. Shift+2 is a double-quote (") on a UK keyboard but an at-sign (@) on an American keyboard; if the keyboard isn't configured correctly, you could think you're typing a double-quote, but the software might get an at-sign.

If you're copying the password (e.g. from an email) make sure you're not accidentally copying extra spaces at the beginning or end. Some applications automatically include spaces around a word. Also check whether or not any punctuation around the password is part of the password - e.g. if you have an email saying "The password is Password1.", check whether or not the full-stop is part of the password. I had that once trying to log into a web site with an initial default password - I thought the full-stop was the end of the sentence telling me what the password was, but it turned out it was part of the password!

Mark.