To elaborate on Mr. Foote's entry method for unicode characters:

Depending on your set up, it isn't always necessary to type the "U+" part of
the code point. As long as the hex value is separated from earlier text, you
can just type it and then press the Alt+x (the "x" doesn't need to be
capitalized, nor is the shift key used).

So for example, if I want to write "The next note in the music is preceded
by a ♯" this can be entered by typing "The next note in the music is
preceded by a 266f" and then immediately pressing Alt+x. Note, however, that
this method only works in LibreOffice, and only if there is a font available
that contains the characters you need.

Interestingly, that method doesn't work in this forum, so I entered the
character using the more general (in Linux anyway - haven't used Windoze for
a while) method of typing Ctrl+Shift+u, which results in an underlined "u"
appearing: at which point you would type 266f followed by either a space or
the Enter key, which will display the desired character.

As for the automatic substitution of © for (C) [or (c) in your case], I have
gotten so used to immediately using Ctrl+z that I don't even notice it
anymore - in your case, however, where it is important to the integrity of
your outline, I would remove it from the autocorrect as others have
described. If you actually need to copyright symbol regularly, define it as
[c] or something else that you can remember.