Trying to learn a bit about Linux, as well as solve a printing issue with LO in Linux Mint 17.3. The printer is a Samsung CLP-315 color laser.

When printing a spreadsheet, and selecting landscape, LO prints landscape, but to paper that is still portrait. Sort of like this...

____________
|                 |
|                 |
|___________|

The dots represent the data that is trying to be printed.

If I set the paper to portrait, this is the result. All the data is printed.

My suspicion is the printer driver, but I would like to install the current Linux stable version. Mint installs 5.0.3.2, which is the current version in the repository, from what I can see.

I know it's somewhat apples to oranges, but the same spreadsheet works fine on my Mac with the current version of LO.

Once I've downloaded the current version, where to I go from there?

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6