We are using the soffice --headless --convert-to command to convert RTF
documents to PDF.
The conversion accuracy is quite good, but we are trying to improve the speed
of the conversion.
Ideas?

The initial conversion is about 5-10 seconds.
If we process a second document (all RTFs about the same), it is less than a
second.
If we then wait a couple minutes and process a third document, it goes back to
the 5-10 seconds...

We are calling this command from a java-based web application.
The conversions are done when someone loads a case/record that has associated
RTFs (which we then process into PDF).
We are trying to reduce the lag between viewing the case and the availability
of the PDF...

Thank you,

Brian