> MultiMarkdown has been suggested by its author Fletcher Penney and it does
> sound interesting. Unfortunately I could not get it to work on the only
> Windows system I have - running Vista - and I am not sure I could compile
> it for CentOS.

​I've started writing a markdown conversion tool for another purpose, but
it would be relatively trivial for me to output fodt; do you have a
reference to the markdown you use? As I understand it, there are a lot of
variation of it.

(sorry if it was said before in the thread, but it's been a lenghty one).