Hi :)
It 'should' be very easy and straight forwards.  What you are already doing
'should' have done the job already.  It has worked that way on plenty of
other machines.

Perhaps defrag, disk-clean, run updates or something to see if something
shakes loose - ie to make sure you really do have permissions and space on
the drive and that the drive is ok etc.  I can't really imagine that any of
those things are really the issue but it wouldn't hurt to be certain.