At 10:23 29/04/2018 -0400, Tim Lungstrom wrote:
Last night, I was in the middle of a thread on the Linux Users Group on Facebook. There was a question in it about wondering how to get the users of Linux to save LibreOffice files to Microsoft Word formats. ... I double checked and gave him the answer.

I trust the answer was "Don't" - or at least "Do so only when essential, and never by default"!

Apart from the recommendations of a previous suggestion, note that some facilities of LibreOffice cannot be saved in Microsoft's proprietary formats and that converting to and fro into and out of formats foreign to LibreOffice - as is the case if you save in Microsoft's formats - is a recipe for document instability. What you see when you reopen a document may not be what you saw before you saved it.

Brian Barker