On 2018/05/16 20:09, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Thomas,

Thomas Blasejewicz schrieb am 16.05.2018 um 11:51:
Good evening
Sorry, but I have another stupid question.
I am using a Japanese computer with a Japanese keyboard that I have set
to switch between English (German) and Japanese input.
Activating the US English keyboard does not help.

When I want to use regular expressions in Writer I am supposed to enter
a backslash.
While writing in Writer I get that backslash, but in the Find dialog I
always get the "Yen" mark no matter what I do.
Naturally, find dialog always tells me, there is no such thing as for
example "backslash+p", since the find field
contains on "yen+p".

The context menu of the input field in the find&replace dialog has an item "Special Characters" (or Ctrl+Shift+S). Do you have tried that?

Kind regards
Regina

I tried that. In there it is called "reverse solidus" -> Yen / backslash are identical and ONLY the Yen mark ever appears in the Find dialog.
So, this does not help.