Hi
I would like to be able to insert some unicode characters into writer doc but
cant find a way to do this directly. Insert special char doesnt seem to be able
to find the chars i want, but maybe i'm not doing something right. I have a
workaround using calc; i can enter the hex codes as text (row 1) and (row 2)
use a formula =UNICHAR(HEX2DEC(A1)) filled acrosd adjacent column and finally
copy row 2 and paste as unformatted text into writer. This works but is rather
longwinded to say the least. It does show that its not a problem with the font
or with writer's ability to display the required chars; its just that i'd like
a way to enter them directly into the writer documext.
The chars in question were hex A723, A725, 1E25, 1E2B, 1E96, 0161 (this one i
*could* use insert special char), 1E6F, 1E0F.
Build 1:5.2.2-0ubuntu2.1

Thanks
/Gary