On 24/11/2021 00:28, Philip Jackson wrote:
Writer in LO 6.4.7.2 in Ubuntu 20.4

The actual operation of changing the anchor point gets completed correctly and
I eventually found that the easy way to get back to my correct place in the
document was simply to hit the up arrow key. At first, it was an annoying
scroll back up to the right place until I found that a simple click of the up
arrow key would do the job. But I am puzzled by this behaviour. Any ideas?

This ceased to be a problem today. Solved by another reboot? Probably was
something introduced by Ubuntu updates 2 days' ago. Those same 'security'
updates (mainly of LO) were extensive. They downloaded and installed quietly
behind the scenes - no reboot required. But I was working in LO with Writer and
Calc during the download and somewhat later in the day, when opening older
spreadsheets I discovered they were empty - no contents at all. I quickly
figured that it might be connected with the updates so I rebooted. Sure enough,
that made all my older spreadsheets ok again.

When I had the problem with the images in Writer, subject of this thread, my
machine had already had a couple of reboots so I didn't suspect the updates.
But today, after a 3rd reboot, all is back to what I consider 'normal'.

Sorry, list,  - bothered you for nothing.

Philip