> For some reason my questions are not getting posted. Hopefully the fourth
> attempt works.

There are at least 2 emails from you in the public users mailing list;
see the mailing list public archives. I am replying to one of them.

> Software: LO, Version 7.3.7.2, Linux (Mint)
>
> I thought that LO Calc would let one start typing c, o, l and get coliflour.
> Is there some way to do this,or is it a feature request?

The feature is called "AutoInput". In Calc, you can set it ON/OFF in
menu Tools > AutoInput.

In Calc, if you already have a value in one cell and you want to
repeat the same value in another cell in the same column – it works
better if the range has no empty blank cells in-between, but that's
not a strict condition – then usually the behavior is as you
described.

If you have "coliflour" (without quotation marks) in cell A1, and
something else in cell A2, then in cell A3 you could start typing "c"
(without quotation marks), then a prior (partial) value would be
suggested, instead of having to type-in the complete value each time.

As of current versions, the feature works similar to a bash-like
(auto)completion, but incidentally the feature was modified several
times between LO 7.1 and 7.3, so if you are having problems with this
I would suggest trying a newer version that you currently report
(7.3.7.2).

See:

<https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/scalc/guide/auto_off.html?DbPAR=CALC>

<https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/scalc/01/06130000.html?&DbPAR=CALC>