I have Chef recipes for Grid Engine that will auto install SGE master and execd onto a single node. We also have recipes that built full-blown SGE clusters but largely stopped doing that in favor of StarCluster - we ended up adding modules to StarCluster to do the customizations we needed when running on AWS.

I can't clean up those recipes in time to share them but keep an eye on (or an RSS reader) bioteam.net as we eventually get to a point where we have our act together enough to publish that github repo of our useful Chef stuff.

And to be honest there is nothing about Chef + SGE that you can't learn on your own by looking at other Recipes and Cookbooks - that's how I learned Chef. Grab a coobook or two that you know you'll need from http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks and start looking at the code.

If I can find the time to clean up my "build SGE onto a single node" Recipe I'll post it to this list and on bioteam.net. Since the cookbook creates an SGE autoinstall template file that is compatible with "./inst_sge -x ..." it should be pretty easy to extend it to install multiple compute nodes.

-Chris

Chi Chan wrote:
So no one  has Puppet or Chef Recipes for SGE?

--Chi

寄件者: Chi Chan<chichan.grideng...@yahoo.com.tw>

Anyone has Opscode Chef recipes for SGE Grid Engine? I want to setup a simple
test cluster and try IT automation and see if it is really useful.

--Chi