Hi,

Am 18.11.2011 um 15:21 schrieb Gerard Henry:

> hello all,
>
> i got trouble to confgure a queue on SGE 6.2u5 (linux)
>
> I have two machines amd64, with this topology: SCCSCC so the total of cores
> is 8.
> <snip>
>
> and the PE is defined by:
> qconf -sp mpi_labo
> pe_name            mpi_labo
> slots              8
> user_lists         NONE
> xuser_lists        NONE
> start_proc_args    /bin/true
> stop_proc_args     /bin/true
> allocation_rule    $pe_slots

$pe_slots means that all slots must be allocated on one and the same machine.
You can try $round_robin or $fill_up (man sge_pe) to get slots from different
machine.

But: Using threads (like Open MP) needs an SMP machine. So, running 8 threads
in SMP isn't possible in your configuration as you have only 4 per machine. You
will need for example an MPI library to compute across machines.

-- Reuti