Am 29.12.2011 um 22:24 schrieb Dave Love:

> Reuti <re...@staff.uni-marburg.de> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 29.12.2011 um 06:15 schrieb Ciaran Wills:
>>
>>> I'm pretty new to grid engine, but have been getting along ok setting up a
>>> small rendering farm with the version packaged with Fedora 16.  Here's a
>>> question though:
>>>
>>> I have software that is licensed per host - I can run as many instances as
>>> I like on a host and they will consume a single license.  But I can't
>>> figure out how to set this limitation up in grid engine; I assume it can be
>>> done with complexes but can't get my head around how to do it.  Any ideas?
>>
>> unfortunatelly there is no direct support for this kind of licensing. It was
>> discussed already on the list, to support for a consumable besides YES/NO
>> and JOB the behavior of HOST and HOSTONCE:
>>
>> http://arc.liv.ac.uk/pipermail/gridengine-users/2010-November.txt (please
>> search for HOSTONCE)
>
> Is that adequately covered by existing issues like
> https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/ticket/622 or does it need another one?

On the one hand: yes, it's covered by this. Like the overall slot count on a
machine (which can be set up in the exechost definiton or an RQS), both ways
would work. It's a matter of taste how to set it up finally (request a resource
because of HOSTONCE or request a queue because of the RQS).

Having too many fundamental limits in the RQS might give long ouptuts.
Therefore I came up with:

https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/ticket/1318

-- Reuti